Wilken Cooper and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

It all started with the pizza. The night before "the day," Mom decided to eat pizza. She says she always forgets that pizza doesn't agree with me, but I think it is all related to her lack of will power. She says one day I will discover the joys of pizza, but as of now, all I know is that I spit up all day long after a night of her indulgence. Here is a picture of me and my buddy Megan, as she consoles me, on the night of mommy's binge. As you can see by my wet onesie, I have already begun to have some problems.
I decided to get back at mommy by getting up every one to two hours that night to fuss and complain. Once she came to pick me up, I would fake like I was fast asleep and as soon as she put me down in my crib, I would open my eyes wide and fuss some more. So there! Sometimes, I would wait until I heard her just get into her warm bed and start to fall asleep and then I would start my fussing. I then decided to get up at 3:00 a.m. and pretend like it was morning. I chatted away and squealed with glee in my crib, which mom could hear on the monitor, so that she would come and bring me to her bed so that I could get some rest for crying out loud. It's funny how long it has taken her to figure me out. Finally I decided to get up at 5:00 in the morning for the day, instead of my usual 6:30 to 7:30...spitting up all the while.
Well, I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed....so mommy decided to take me on a walk with daddy early in the morning.
If you think I have a touch of a smile in this picture,
you are wrong. I am not happy one bit. I didn't like my bouncy chair or my jumperoo. I let her know by whining all day if I wasn't held just so, and if she wasn't standing up.
By 3:00 in the afternoon, mommy was getting to her wits end so she brought out my new green blanket...satiny on one side and velvety on the other...oooohhh it was NICE! I got to be naked (for longer than just 10-15 mintues) and I got a wet washrag to chew on and that was just the trick I needed. I had a blast and the rest of the day was cake.






4 Comments:
Our poor Wil, what a bad day. But at least one day he'll thank you for positioning the blanket just so for indiscretion.
No Pizza! That must be hard for mom. The things they do for us babies. The velvety/silky blankies are great. They make everything better. Good job keeping your mommmy on her toes. Don't let her get too comfortable.
Good thing he smiles so adorably now - it sure helps expedite the forgiveness process, doesn't it?!
No more pizza for mommy - a night like that isn't worth it!! He's so darn cute though...how could you not want to spend the whole night awake with him : )
Post a Comment
<< Home