Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

2 Weeks Leading Up To My 18-Month Birthday

Let me tell you what has been going on in my life. It has been awhile since our last blog (thanks for the reminder Mr. & Mrs. Keenan) but that doesn't mean a lot has not been happening. The main problem is due to 2 reasons: 1-Mom 2-Dad

What does their persistent procrastination make me want to do? Strangle them! After the Halloween Festival in La Jolla (3 days prior to October 31, 2006) the real festivities began in my dad's "Man Den" (a.k.a. garage). Every night after I went to bed, my dad went to work setting up his most theatrical Halloween yet; he put together as a semi-haunted house. Dare to take me trick or treating Dad? "Sorry son, gotta scare the neighbor kids!" Before Halloween, though, another matter had to be taken care of...my shaggy combover. My once very cool faux hawk began to transform into a mop of hair that continued to grow out of control while the hair around my head was taking its time to fill in. Mom and dad thought I should have a haircut to even things out. Not the most fun I have ever had, but not too painful. I just shed a few tears while sitting in the comfort of my mommy's lap (this was after the coolness of the car they had me sitting in wore off). And....drum roll please....whalllah. The new me! I now look like a big boy. My feet even grew 100 sizes!
Anyway, I thought Halloween might be a little more traumatic for me with the haunted garage, my dad's costume as Darth Maul with face paint galore, the smoke, flashing lights, scary music, and strange and scary costumes coming up to our house, but I was entertained by it all. My cousin's David & Grey came over with my Aunt Traci & Uncle Ken. They even brought their dog Lucy, so we could all stroll around the neighborhood together. Last Halloween (my first) was a little anti-climatic as I never got into my "Little Devil" costume and went to bed as all the trick or treaters came to our door. Looking forward to next year, perhaps I can help my dad by being a "prop" somehow. While dad was tied up in the garage scaring kids, mom (not known as a mulit-tasker) forgot to take pictures as she was so busy ensuring I had fun and was not traumatized. Good intentions mom, but please. We needed documentation! Please refer to our prior blog entry to see my costume, but imagine a jean jacket as it was kind of cold.

On Friday after Halloween, we packed up and headed up to Bubie & Grandpa's house for the weekend as my parents were in Bryan & Jennifer's (my mom's friend from High School) wedding. We were only at Bubie & Grandpa's approximately an hour before my parents had to go to the rehearsal dinner. No problem there! Bubie & Grandpa bought me a neat high chair that turns into both a rocking horse and a desk which entertained me for quite some time.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

This particular wedding called for both my mom and dad to take pictures at 11:30am, wedding at 2:00pm followed by dinner at 5:00pm. Once again, no problem at all. I think I'm ready for an overnight!!! Bubie and Grandpa exhausted me out. They took me to a museum that had a power outage, a park with ducks that I fed, changed my diapers, let me play with shaving cream, and fed me 3 meals.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

I didn't ask for Mamma or Dadda once. I did, however, wait up until they came home around 7:45pm. I was beat, but needed to see them before I said sweet dreams. Here I am, all wrapped up, with my Bubie ,about to engage in my favorite new pastime, finding the moon.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

My dad left on Sunday to go back to work, but I was able to stay with my Mom until Thursday. I spent a lot of time with the boys in Bakersfield (see Rory's and Aden's blogs), and got to spend an extra day with my buddy Zachary and his mommy.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

I headed back home and was very excited once again to see my dad. I had my 18 Month Check up. I am now 33 inches tall (70%), weigh 24 pounds (25%), and am in the 15th percentile for head size. I have much more to report, but I am all out of breath for now. I'll check back in later!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 7:50:00 PM, Blogger The Stovalls said...

Glad you are back. We had a great time visiting with you in Bako. Is that really your dad with the mask on?!?! I can see why your mom spent so much time making sure you were happy on Halloween.

 
At Thursday, November 23, 2006 8:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Wil, we missed ya!Had fun seeing you in Bako, see you soon at xmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter