Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 15, 2007

More Than Just a Bad Hair Day

So January and the beginning of February was kind of rough for me. Would you believe that I got 3 separate stomach viruses (vomiting, diarrhea, and fever included) in a matter of 5-6 weeks? My mom was about to have a heart attack! The third bug was a doozey. Man, I was down for the count for 5 full days. I spent the entire time on the couch or in my mom's arms. I ate nothing to speak of and I couldn't hold my own weight when my mom or dad tried to put me on the floor. I learned that I really like my "purple juice" (Pedialite), which I call "purpa ju."I really took a liking to my dad's old lion blanket. Do any of you have that 2-sided blanket which has a brown lion on one side and a beige one on the other? Old school! I would roar to let my parents know I needed my blanket to snuggle up in the couch. After my 3rd stomach bug, I was fine for 3 days or so. Then one morning I threw up, again, 4 times in one hour! My parents were sure I had some horrible disease. What kid throws up so much in 6 weeks?! Thankfully, I was fine after that. It didn't progress into anything worse than a green and runny cold and cough. At the end of day five, I was finally back to playing again. Whew!All these bugs really messed with my social life, especially my quality time with my buddy Rory. This is Rory and me with my mommy on our first play date after 2 whole weeks of being separated.

I just hope all these viruses strengthen my imune system so that I grow to be a strong and healthy young man.

3 Comments:

At Friday, March 02, 2007 1:51:00 PM, Blogger The Keenans said...

Poor Wuh-Wuh! I sure did miss you those weeks you were sick - luckly, your mom put you on strict quarantine and I never got your vicious bugs! We've got to make up for lost time!
love,
Ro-Ro

 
At Saturday, March 03, 2007 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Familia de Garcia said...

Poor lil' guy. WE missed you and hope you are back 100%. I agree with your mom that all those bugs must have strengthened your immune system.

 
At Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:05:00 PM, Blogger The Stovalls said...

Wilken, glad you are feeling better. Of course now we expect to see more of you on the blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter