Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Happy New Year & Happy 8 Month B-day!

What a great start to 2006! After a fantastic fun and family filled Christmas & Hanukkah, I hit the road with my mommy, Bubie, and Grandpa for good old Bakersfield to which I am no stranger. I spent a whole week there. I spent a lot of time with my Bubie and Grandpa, got to see my Great Aunt Jane for our second visit together, spent an evening with the "Boyz 'O Bakersfield" (see Aden's blog), and spent several days playing with my big buddy Zachary (he can walk!).
I spent over 4 hours with my Great Aunt and Bubie while my mommy and Grandpa went to see a some movie about a giant gorilla. We had a great time, although I start to get a little anxious when my mommy disappears.
My daddy came over New Years weekend and I was soooo excited to see him! I smiled, laughed, and even fell asleep on his shoulder after he wore me out with play. New years Eve was spent eating a big dinner (lots of baby food for me) but everyone wanted to go to bed by 9:00pm! Losers! Grandpa hit the hay at 11:00pm and only my dad stayed up to bring in the New Year.

What is the biggest news so far this year you may ask? I am officially crawling!

Share Video at DropShots.com

It has been a gradual process. I started hanging out a lot on my knees and even took two steps forward on 12/17/05 as I lunged forward to grab something. I couldn't quite figure it out, so I kept practicing and practicing. I worked so hard in Bakersfield taking three movements forward with my knees. It all came together on 1/3/06, and now I am mobile. Yippeeee! What an improvement on life this is. Now I can not only get to my toys, my parents when I want to climb on them, but I can also make several attempts to go after the various black and brown electrical cords, eat the leaves off of the plants, or pull all of the books off of the shelves. I can even open the fire place! My mom and dad keep talking about baby proofing, whatever THAT is.
You can't STOP me, you can only TRY to CONTAIN me!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:08:00 PM, Blogger Nyla and Callie said...

MAN, with those moves, WATCH out. Is that a mohawk? I've got my eye on you! wink wink ~Nyla Rae

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Iron Wil. Glad to see that you are mobile (and that your parents finally updated the blog). Get into everything while you can. Baby proofing is no fun!!

 
At Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that your parents idea of containment Wil, a laundry basket? I hope you break out soon and really do some damage!

 
At Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wil, I've seen your biceps and thunder thighs - I know you're just humoring your parents by staying in that basket. You'd be out of there in a second if you really wanted to

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter