President's Day Weekend In The Desert
Over the 3-day Presidents Weekend, we all took a journey to Grandma V's house in Palm Desert. By "we all" I mean my mom, dad, Aunt Traci, Uncle Ken, David, Grey, and Lucy (the dog). My dad had some "golf business" to do in Palm Springs on Friday, but once that was done it was all down to "busy business" for me. I had a blast playing with my cousins and just hanging out in my Grandma's backyard. When I say hanging out, I really mean running around and not stopping for much of anything, but you get my drift.
Since Grandma lives on the 18th hole of the golf course, the golfers are no where to be seen for the first few hours of the day which means the hole is ours for running down hills, hiding in the bushes, and even playing a little football with the big kids. The weather was in the mid 80's each day.
On our way out of town, we went to the Living Desert, which is Palm Springs' version of the Wild Animal Park/Zoo. It was so cool. I saw all kinds of animals and they have a massive train through miniature cities to view. Did I mention that I love trains? I played with my cousins at the outdoor play area. At one point, my parents couldn't see me, but realized I was okay in the maze of tunnels I was crawling through because I kept yelling "Dart!" (my word for dark). I was wiped out after our adventure, and fell asleep within 3 minutes of leaving the place and stayed asleep for the whole trip back to my house.







1 Comments:
I just checked out your Blog, after several weeks...what a great picture of my little grandsons!
I enjoyed the weekend that you were all here. I'm glad the weather was nice, and that you all had a good time!
Grandma V
Post a Comment
<< Home