Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2007

Wilken's Wonderful Wisecracks


Every parent talks of those funny phrases or sayings their child(ren) say while growing up. Some of those things we remember and some of those things we wish we remembered. Since we don't want to forget, we thought we'd do a quick blog reminding us and Wilken of some of those funny things he used to say. He are some of these moments in no particular order:


1.

Ryan and Wilken were driving on their way to Little Gym for their weekly Tuesday night class. They drove by the local high school football field where they went to Wilken's cousin David's Pop Warner football game and Wilken said "David play football dare". Daddy said "yes, would you like to play football like your cousin David some day?" Wilken responded "I pay football when I be big boy. I pay baseball when I big boy. I pay soccer when I big boy." It was silent for a moment longer before Wilken continued, "When I be big, I drink grown-up drinks!"


2.

When outside with Wilken, a neighbor asked Wilken how he liked being a big brother. Wilken said "good". When the neighbor asked "how is your little brother doing?" Wilken responded, "Baby Jake is fussy."




3.

Every morning Wilken likes to have hot chocolate milk (perhaps influenced by Mommy and Daddy's need for coffee in the AM). We like to get Wilken's diaper changed first thing when we come downstairs. Since there's been a little resistance to change his diaper first thing in the morning as of late, yesterday Daddy threw out "we have to change your diaper first, then have your chocolate milk." These types of bribes work great with Wilken. Since yesterday was the first time Ryan said that, he didn't much think twice about it. This morning we came downstairs and Daddy said are you ready for your chocolate milk? Wilken said "Change diaper first, then have chocolate milk."


4.

Our friend Becky called the other day to check in with Elanor. All of a sudden Elanor's voice inflection changed and Ryan could tell she was talking to Rory in her "kid voice". Wilken immediately looked at Daddy across the dinner table and happily announced "That my friend Rory!"


5.

Wilken came oddly strolling down the stairs due to holding something against his crotch. Words were muttered to himself but unable to be deciphered. Elanor approached him noticing that he was holding Daddy's sports cup between his legs. As she laughed she said "what are you saying?" Wilken stopped, looked at her, and repeated, "I getting ready for baseball!"

6.
We've done our best to hold off on TV as long as we could with Wilken. Dora The Explorer put a sudden end to that stage. He was absolutely hooked on Dora for weeks and one day asked for TV in the middle of the bright sunny day. Elanor rebutted "Maybe later." Wilken responded "Maybe NOW!"

7.
One of Elanor's common phrases when Wilken is dawdling is "you're killin' me Wilken". On that note, Elanor was taking Wilken and Jake for a walk one day. As he was trying to buckle his own seat belt in the stroller and continuing to fail, he all of a sudden blurted out "You killing me Mommy!"

8.
Wilken had been playing with his cars in the dirt (old garden) outside. He came in to wash his muddy cars on a step stool at the kitchen sink. After getting wet and cold he asked to lay on a towel in the sun (something we used to do after swimming or getting wet in the summer to warm him up). He later asked (urgently demanded) for Mommy (who was soothing a very fussy Jake) to straighten his towel so he could sunbathe again. Mommy told Wilken that she was busy with Jake and commented how he wasn't even wet anymore. Wilken ran to the sink, climbed on the step stool, and sprayed water on his chest. He ran back out to Elanor and said, " See! Now I wet!"


Finale.

Here are some of our favorite words of his:

Spaghetti = Bisgetti
Desert = Gesert
Myself = By be-self


5 Comments:

At Monday, December 31, 2007 11:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny! I laughed out loud a #7!

 
At Monday, December 31, 2007 2:25:00 PM, Blogger The Stovalls said...

LOL! Those are funny and very smart comments. I'm getting a picture of your life: Fussy Jake causes Mommy and Daddy to drink coffee in the morning and alcohol at night and Wilken has to demanding (#6) and manipulative (#8) to get attention. Sounds just like our house too!!!

 
At Tuesday, January 01, 2008 3:48:00 PM, Blogger Familia de Garcia said...

LOL. I loved his helyopter too. I still say it that way when I see one flying in the sky.

 
At Sunday, January 13, 2008 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Mary Grace Davis said...

I love it!

 
At Sunday, January 20, 2008 6:35:00 PM, Blogger The Keenans said...

those are great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counter