September Recap
I finally made it into my office...er....my dad's new office to get to some blogging and thought I'd recap some of what I was up to in September. After 6 whole months (with an original estimate of 6-8 weeks) our remodel was completed. Dad has a huge new office and I have my very own playroom. The contractors made a few errors and they will continue to invade our home for the next couple of months to finish odds and ends, but I have gotten very used to the father and son team (Mike and Mike Jr.) and follow them around helping out. We began work on Baby Jake's (due 11/7/07) bedroom and I even helped my dad with some of the painting.
We made several treks to Legoland with mom, dad, or the whole family. Can I just tell you how much I love that place?
I spent a ton of time with my cousins David and Grey and my Aunt Traci and Uncle Ken this summer. I swam in their pool, and played obsessively with David and Grey's car collection. Mom loves to take me over there because I will play with cars and race tracks for 40 minute stretches. My Aunt Traci continues to take me out nearly every Friday, but fails to take pictures of our outings so that they can be documented on the blog. Grey came over all by himself to stay the night. We had so much fun. I got to watch "big kid" cartoons with him on the couch.
We made another trek to ol' Bakersfield to connect with Uncle Nate, Aunt Marci, my cousin Phoebe, and my Bubie and Grandpa. I got several chances to practice my "gentle" baby skills with my cousin giving her several soft hugs and kisses. I can't wait until I can really play with her!
+2007+027.jpg)
My new nap routine is to nap 4 or 5 days a week and skip the other days. I like to sleep about an hour and a half and then snuggle with mommy or daddy on the couch for an extra half hour snooze or so. Mommy is a little concerned about how this is all going to work out when the baby comes, but it works just fine for me right now.
I got my first pack of underwear this summer and loved them....for a few weeks. I would much rather be naked, but made a lot of progress towards potty training though. I can pee pee any old time on the potty, and if I am naked I never have accidents. My parents are waiting for #2 (which has happened once) and keep promising me a lollipop or something like that. Whatever. I'll do it when I am good and ready. Until then, diapers or hanging out in the buff are good enough for me.
My biggest news this summer was that I learned how to swim. Okay. If no adults are there I would most likely run into some problems. But I can hold my breath for a really long time, kick my feet, and dig with my arms to propel myself to my mommy or daddy under water. I first learned this trick in Bakersfield and practiced it even more in David and Grey's pool. Check out the following video of my progress.
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home